windows XP OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has not been my experience, but I use mainly Dell Precision series licence pack. I have one CD that I have installed on numerous stations with the exact same key. I have to add that all the Precisions have a valid OEM XP key but it is a pain having to decipher the tiny font on the sticker that is usually in a bad location.

If you get bored and read EULA (someone must have) it will state that once you activate it, you can only install it onto that PC. If you change your motherboard or case you need to buy a new copy. Everything else can change. I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can install it onto that motherboard/case.

Hmmm, odd. It hasnt included me as the last replier and included in the total post count.

Well i was thinking of changing my case so i will have 2 do that before i install windows then. I think that is stupid really because what happens if your motherboard becomes faulty, would you have to buy a new 1 if the motherboard is replaced?

They will not know if you have changed your case, but it is still there in the liscence agreement. For motherboard, they will not know a direct replacement has happened, as it will not be any different.

I have had the same copy of XP on 3 different motherboards though. You can always back up your activation files so you dont need to re acivate it though. :p

I will not say a definate yes to that. I did it though as I needed a new motherboard, and didn't know it was against the terms.

To be honest, just don't install the infamous WGA and you will not have a problem. (It will try to install it for every update you have - also MS is going to court about it too as it collects data about your PC with out your permission.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom