Should I make Windows the main OS on my MacBook Pro?

Please vote for the card that performs the BEST.

• 7800 GS (AGP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7600 GT (AGP)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god both of you are crazy. StylinGolfShoes, have you every truly used a Mac? I have started to get sick of OS X. The motto for it should be "Think different by thinking just like us." Customization is frowned upon in Mac communities.

About Apple hardware- it's all in the Logic Board and Motherboard dude! I am not completely good what hardware Apple chooses out- but it sure is good. If you have any doubts in terms of its speedy-ness, look at the benchmarks!

So- the best config for a 'Dows machine definately is: A MacBook Pro with Windows XP/Vista.

BTW, I have a 2.0 GHz MBP with 2 GB RAM and a 128 MB Video Card.

how about you show me some benchmarks with a mac book and a pc with the same exact specs then ill believe you.

I despise Macs with a passion ;-) Actually let me clarify...Before any of you dig into me..yes I have used a Mac and support about 75 of them with OSX Tiger.

What makes me not like them and there OSX platform more and more is there inability to work normally in a Windows Active Directory Environment. We get the "beach ball rainbow" thing every 10 min..constant reboots..always stop talking to printers..THEY SUCK on a network.

I must admit though outside of a network they actually worked pretty good. I worked on a G5 using Garage Band and it worked well off a LAN. I have a Mac Mini at work running OSX/Windows XP and love it. XP being my primary OS ;-)

Personally, I think you should run OSX as your primary and win as your secondary. You mentioned putting Vista on the MacBook, but it wont be out for a while, so I wouldnt even worry about it. By that time you will have used a bunch of stuff, you'll have files, and settings that you wont want to lose.. I think you should put Windows on it, but only secondary. Besides, in the design world, you NEED to be primarily MAC compatible.

Tox1cThreat said:
Personally, I think you should run OSX as your primary and win as your secondary. You mentioned putting Vista on the MacBook, but it wont be out for a while, so I wouldnt even worry about it. By that time you will have used a bunch of stuff, you'll have files, and settings that you wont want to lose.. I think you should put Windows on it, but only secondary. Besides, in the design world, you NEED to be primarily MAC compatible.

Everything in the Windows design world is Mac compatible, every design app out there (and the ones I use) are Mac-compatible. From Flash 8 Pro to Photoshop CS 2. Also, I have the Vista beta, that is why I could put it on now.

BTW, all my web design clients use IE and Windows, so I do have a small testing problem I have to go through. Right now I am moving out of web design an towards my own media company (which as of current has a bunch of sites all under development)- and some of the things that need to be done are Windows only. Plus, I am starting to become a gamer.

how about you show me some benchmarks with a mac book and a pc with the same exact specs then ill believe you.

I doubt I will find a computer with the same exact specs- plus virtually all manufacturers hide a fair ammount of specs from the user until they buy the machine (i.e. motherboard, logic board). Especially Dell. I hate Dell, with a passion.

Right now I cannot say the motherboard and logic board on my MacBook Pro as it is currently being fixed by Apple (and I am actually getting an updated logic board and motherboard due to the "whine" problem).

BTW, one of the reasons I still somewhat-want my Windows partition primary is the fact that I want to use it for music. Windows, is actually, the ultimate music listening machine for me. Right now I use iTunes, and have a bunch of iTunes bought songs. The only reason I would want to keep iTunes around on the Windows side would be to sync to an iPod. When Zune comes out I am going to switch to Zune and URGE (my Uncle actually is a key person at MTV, so I feel a real URGE to use it).

Any more comments? Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure the hack to get headphones and internal spekers working under Windows will work on my MacBook Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom