Car-inspired and themed mod on EMachines T3025 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

csw3190

In Runtime
I was wondering if anyone here would know how to make this into a power button instead of the cheap plastic Emachines logo on the front. Got a side window, cathode light and fan installed already. Also, if the other wouldn't do, then maybe this would. Just some opinoins would be nice. thanx
p.s., this also would look pretty bad@$$ (think gone in 60 seconds)

all you'd have to do would be connect the wires to the back of the button, making sure it's the right places for 'em and whatnot, because if it has six pins i dunno how to wire that.. but that's it.. then just connect wires to your mobo like you would from your normal power button

yea that does look pretty cool. Like what do u mean though? like what kind of wires would be back there?

well you would need to steal some of the pegs from other connectors and solder it to the ends....unless you just solder it straight to the pins which i dont recommend because the wires might contact each other.

i think the computer power button only momentarily completes a circuit (like an ignition switch) and is not a closed circuit so a rocker/ flip switch might not work.

hmm... You know what they have. They have a switch that u can use to turn off the power. Let me see if i can find it... http://www.xoxide.com/jamnutswitch.html. It said its rated up to 10 amps... But since there are only 2 connectors on it, where would u put the wires for the PSU? So like u can switch them off and on?

Hey, thanx for all the suggestions guys! i've totally disassembled the front bezel of my Emachine so check the attatched picture for the lowdown. I've figured out that all i need is something to push a small button on the front that initiates the power. also, the blue glow behind the emachines logo is supplied by a blue LED behind it, so i got that in there too. any more help's appreciated. thanx!

PS- Image file's too big, sry. the button that needs pushing is like 3x3mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom