7900GTX or X1900XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually no, you cannot tell it's been there. and I know because I've removed it before.
anyway, you won't have to RMA if you do it right.

anyway, by volt modding, my card is faster than an X1900 XTX and a 7900 GTX.
sure it's only got 256MB VRAM, but that 100MHZ extra over the GTX more than makes up for it. plus it cost a fair bit less.
Ok you did all that OCing and then i can oc my XTX just a tad and still beat you. Alot of work for some extra FPS if you ask me.

P.P. Mguire said:
Ok you did all that OCing and then i can oc my XTX just a tad and still beat you. Alot of work for some extra FPS if you ask me.
it wasn't a lot of work actually. just swap a couple of resistors, and draw a couple of lines.

sure you could overclock your X1900 XTX. doesn't mean it will beat a voltmodded 7900. I do have a 100MHZ headroom on the GTX, and that's probabbly not all it can do.

however even if you did end up beating my card, I don't really care. I spent a whole lot less on my GT anyway.

Err

the comparsion was indeed 7900gtx to x1900xtx but theres not much headroom between the xt and xtx, meaning that the 1900xt would also beat an 7900gtx [and with a small overclock it will do same as an xtx]

Sooo I actualy suggested him to get an 1900xt not xtx which is 100 dollars more and not worth it!

-Jo

apokalipse said:
sure, if you don't mind paying that much for it, and you're only going to keep it at stock.

not that I think the X1900 cards are bad or anything, but you do save a good amount by getting a 7900 GT, even if you don't voltmod it.

though personally, I'm glad I did voltmod my card. it's now faster than a 7900 GTX and an X1900 XTX

Would you do this for me if I had the card shipped to you with a "secret" envelope filled with green stuff? ;-)

This topic is kind of getting wild, considering everyone here is still debating about the almighty volt-mod. Slayer (remember that guy, the thread starter) dosn't want to OC, dosn't want to mod, he just wants a nice stock card. Therefore Slayer, I am recommending the x1900xt (not xtx). There is my say and I will say no more here (unless necessary) to avoid this whole mixed and mangled thread.

::-Chase-::

I know he isnt using sli or crossfire..... i had 2 7900gtx's.. i sold them and bought 2 x1900s. With no overclocking, i got over 1,000 points more in 3dmark06 with the xts. When using high resolutions like 1900x1200,, the crossfire stomps a hole in sli's butt. turning everything up, oblivion was super jerky, almost unplayable with the 7900s.. with the x1900s,, nice and smooth.

But still, he probably wont be playing on a big monitor or OCing.... so in that case, i would say it dont really matter. I heard that the 7900s OC better, but he wont be ocing. So going by the high end data, i would say to get an x1900.

Most people here cant really compare a 7900 and a 1900 because they have not used both.

single card on default settings in 3dmark06... the x1900 got about 600 points more

however even if you did end up beating my card, I don't really care. I spent a whole lot less on my GT anyway.
Mine was free :D So thats why im even discussing in this thread. But Chase is right, he dosent want to do anything to the card so i recomend an XT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom