Intel & AMD... possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looby

In Runtime
probably a dumb question an i will get laughed at for this but...

i have read how intel is better for proccessor intense programs and how AMD is better for gaming so my question is...

is there a way, one MB that would support both???

if not, could one (hypothetically) purchase two MBs one intel and one AMD put them in same case and somehow run them together??

i know this is a wild dream but...

i want to be able to build a PC that can, through hardware or software, switch between the different proccessors and/or run them at the same time deligating the tasks according to which would accomplish the task best

ie: run 10 internet windows at the same time through the intel while listening to music, but then have the ability to change to a gaming environment through the AMD or something like that

is this even posible? i dont really understand how computers work or how proccessors relate to each other, obvously!, so i thought i would as u guys

please dont rail on me too bad i know stupid question but i was just wondering thanks.

I dont think that would be possible.

But If you want the best of both worlds go with a core 2 duo. It is amazing at gaming and is dualcore so it is good at progrmas like photoshop. exetensive video editing ect.

in one word, no. you cannot make a motherboard compatible with both.
firstly, the CPU's themselves need to be multi CPU compatible
secondly, even if they were, the compatibility would be very different between Intel and AMD multi CPU support.

and there's also the fact that K8 CPU's use an integrated memory controller, and no Intel CPU does.

that being said, even if it were possible, no motherboard maker would do it.

Also there really isn't a point currently as Intel hold both gaming and "number crunching" crowns in the body of Core 2 Duo.

What about a riser card (in theory)? Couldnt you get a AMD board and an Intel riser card for the PCI slot, and if there was a program to switch them, you could do it? (I doubt there is one)

The only thing I can think of is to have a awesome system for gaming, and an ok system of everything else, then get a KVM switch, so you can go between the two..

or like lancec3c30 said, get a conroe.

Tox1cThreat said:
What about a riser card (in theory)? Couldnt you get a AMD board and an Intel riser card for the PCI slot, and if there was a program to switch them, you could do it? (I doubt there is one)

The only thing I can think of is to have a awesome system for gaming, and an ok system of everything else, then get a KVM switch, so you can go between the two..

or like lancec3c30 said, get a conroe.

Is this what you mean?

sima_installed_front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom