7900GTX or X1900XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake-Eyes said:
I'll admit now that i, like Chase, have had no experience with the 7900GTX. Heck, i don't have any experience with the X1900X/XT. My opinion is based on benchmarks and word-of-mouth, but i tell you what. Those mouths are strongly telling me that the 7900GTX is the best single card on the market (performance-wise).

No the x1900xtx is the best card on the market. Also the x1900xt and xtx are better for the future when more shader intensive games are released. Plus ATI cards have a better IQ.

Check this out when you are looking to buy a new card http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1070014

I'll simplfy it for ya:

7900gtxvsx1900xtx1et.jpg

This is pretty clear, ain't it? X1900XT FTW;

-Jo.

apokalipse said:
yeah you can remove it. and you can't tell it's been there.
Obviously you can remove it but I think it would be noticeable that there was conductive material there, especially for the company that made it. Also it's not too fun to have to RMA things. Why not just get something with much less of a chance of failing?

Well...if I were you (from the benches and personal experience) I would go x1900xtx. You're much more future proof that way I believe!

::-Chase-::

reggie_da_man said:
Obviously you can remove it but I think it would be noticeable that there was conductive material there, especially for the company that made it. Also it's not too fun to have to RMA things. Why not just get something with much less of a chance of failing?
actually no, you cannot tell it's been there. and I know because I've removed it before.
anyway, you won't have to RMA if you do it right.

anyway, by volt modding, my card is faster than an X1900 XTX and a 7900 GTX.
sure it's only got 256MB VRAM, but that 100MHZ extra over the GTX more than makes up for it. plus it cost a fair bit less.

deaduar3 said:
what he said
go x1900xtx
sure, if you don't mind paying that much for it, and you're only going to keep it at stock.

not that I think the X1900 cards are bad or anything, but you do save a good amount by getting a 7900 GT, even if you don't voltmod it.

though personally, I'm glad I did voltmod my card. it's now faster than a 7900 GTX and an X1900 XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom