So is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newton

Baseband Member
Got all the parts and within 3 hours, I have everything together. Followed all the instruction closely. Mobo bolted into place, rear I/O plate fits great, CPU and CPU fan/heatsink installed right, RAM in, HDD in, fans all hooked up, front plate accessories (usb, power button etc.) hooked up and all the pins and power connectors hooked.

Still waiting on video card and dvdrw. But the mobo has onboard.

I'm going to double and triple check everything. Do I just fire it up to see if everything works alright? Didn't think it was all this easy.

Suuuuuuuprise!

Dell, HP, Gatway, and all the others don't want people to know that it is that easy.

Just make sure all the connections are snug, pop in a CD drive for the time being, and fire her up. You can go ahead and install your OS and other programs for now.

Double & triple checking checking everything is a good idea. Some other hints and tips can be found here. http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step/16/ When you first start it up, make sure the fans are spinning! And if they are spinning, make sure they aern't griding up cables(long story, don't ask...lol)
There's some good stuff that I would have overlooked on that site. And yeah, It seemed a little too easy for me too.

Alright, fired her up. All 5 fans are spinning. BIOS seems fine. It's reading everything.

****. I thought this stuff would take me at least 2 or 3 days. 3 hours was all I needed. :D

Glad to hear that( Unlucky me I got bluescreen of death, only one fan spinning, and my psu was unstable first fire up....it was horrible!) When you get to it, be sure to run memtest. If your RAM has a prob, u wanna be abble to figure it out, and possible get new stick/sticks(especially if it fails memtest86).

I don't think it's bad at all. You should test your memory, IMo. Although there are probably more than two hundred people that are going to respond opposing me with my luck...lol. I ran memtest for four hours and that was it. Some people run theirs overnight! Anybody else have any opinions?

Yeah, test the components of your rig (safely). We don't spend our hard-earned money so that we can treat our pride and joy with kid gloves. Paying as much as we do, our systems should take a licking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom