Worklog- CrossFlow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
Well what i was tlaking about is in the front panel there you stil have holes for like USB and front audio and that. Where you going to still use those or just do something else w/ them? BTW you have a PM.
I never use the front jacks (adds too much mess to wiring, sometimes USB)
If you have to have the front jacks they can always be moved to a better location.

I replied to the PM before..

Its way strong, especially with the handle in front. And the extra panel (the one that the fans mount to adds extra strength)

Oh ok, i was just wondering if you where gonna keep them there or just not use them at all. For better wiring it makes more sense to just leave them out.

I thikn i can answer that. It looks like he drilled the holes through the bottom and put the screws in then fastened them down by those nuts. I would have super glued them too for extra protection :p

okay so im just thinking, why are cases not made of copper.... aside from the conductivity i see no differences other than price. if i could i am considering giving it a try, its easily bendable and has potential to cool very well.

cost! I went to a scrap yard to get some copper to make heatsinks. A small piece was $20. To make a whole case it would be hundreds just for materials. One mod that I am thinking about pullyalater is made out of copper tubing filled with water.(for the cooling) The tubing isant too much and you could solder it.

The struts holding up the mobo are threaded rod. A 3' piece is like $3. Its 6-32 threads and I put it on with nuts like PP said. (that way its adjustable) To make it not so ugly I covered it with wire sleeving.

pullyalater said:
that media lab will be kickass, are you throwing a tuner in?!
I have a older one in a box somewhere in the closet, I think its a Avermedia.
Funny but the only reason I bought the MediaLab is cause I thought the UltraBlue was a little plain in front. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom