Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okitasoshi

In Runtime
Alright I've got an issue where, whenever theres any type of heavy load on the computer, for some reason it freezes up. I'll give a couple examples.

I'll watch a video on youtube, and 1/4 way through the video it'll stop, for about 4 seconds, then resume.

I'll be playing a Game again every once in a while it'll freeze for 2-8 seconds, then resume.

Now sometimes it'll freeze up completely if the load it too large it'll sit for a long time just frozen, not sure if it's making progress cause I reset it after 15-20 seconds.

These issues started coming up after i installed my new 6800GT from a 6600GT. I started getting alot of crap from my computer and it wouldn't start windows without Safe mode. Instead it would go to the blue screen of death and say something about too much physical memory and i need to troubleshoot. Instead i reformatted my hard drive and started from scratch. Worked fine for all of about 1 hour. Then computer was giving me these freeze issues I explained. So i installed the latest drivers. This helped for awhile, then the problem came back, installed more drivers, again solved it for like...1 hour then problems resumed.

It just seems like when the going gets tough my CPU don't get going...Lazy CPU. If it helps the reason i upgraded was because the fan on my 6600GT broke and i didn't realize it till i was running it for about a week with a broken fan, not sure if that plays a factor into it. Or maybe it's because i got a 6800GT on Ebay and this is why the previous guy is selling it. It shouldn't be overheating of the CPU cause i cleaned out the Heatsink when i did the install and even then Temperatures don't exceed 50 degrees celcius.

my Specs are:
MSI K8N Neo2 PLatinum motherboard
PNY 6800GT
AMD 3700+ San diego Core

If you need anymore info I'll be glad to post some.

Ok, now when i defragment my disc it says I'm running Two instances...what does this mean and how can i get rid of the other instance?

Well atleast i know my problem isn't too Unique. So how the heck do i fix it? Or is this a problem that just buries itself and i just have to wait it out? Should i be like cleaning things or something? New Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom