7900GTX or X1900XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like you can just remove the conductive ink to RMA the card because they're obviously going to notice that you've tampered with it.

So in otherwords what Reggie said, if you buy this card and do that to it, your keeping it, no RMA's.

I don't feel like messing with the hardware, and I don't want to void my warranty. I dont want to do anything more than maybe some minor overclocking with something like ati tool. Stability is a necessity.

I just purchased the x1900xt (which is the exact same as the xtx only about 50mhz and 25mhz slower on Memory and core which can easily overclock). This card is great performance for a good price. I run everything maxed with the lowest of 40 fps in Oblivion maxed with self shadows in huge towns. Whether it's better than the 7900....I couldn't tell ya but $100 more is not worth the extra "x". Get the xt instead and you will save and be able to OC to the xtx.

::-Chase-::

I think the 7900GTX would be better. nVidia cards have been doing really good recently. Although, i'm thinking by the time AMD releases their 2x2 (that is what it was called, right?) mobos, if AMD buys ATI, ATI cards will be working better with AMD and may perform better than nVidia+AMD. Though, only time will tell.

Indeed. I share the same views as snake-eyes (except in the 7900GTX is better than the x1900, since I haven't used a 7900GTX I have no merit to say which is better).

::-Chase-::

I'll admit now that i, like Chase, have had no experience with the 7900GTX. Heck, i don't have any experience with the X1900X/XT. My opinion is based on benchmarks and word-of-mouth, but i tell you what. Those mouths are strongly telling me that the 7900GTX is the best single card on the market (performance-wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom