ISO on a USB Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMemphisx

Baseband Member
Ok, i recently bought a new computer off of Ebay, and it has no OS on it and it has no CD/DVD drive. I'm trying to use nero and stuff, but i need a way that i can put an ISO (for an OS) onto my USB Thumbdive (1GB), so i can boot to the thumbdrive and install that way since there are no CD drives to boot through.

Anyone know a way to do this? I've searched the internet but i haven't found any good results reguarding this matter.

maybe if you extract the iso to it and set it up in your bios to boot from it, ive never tried

Hello,

..Do you have more than one PC at your home? So your new PC doesn't have a CD drive, but does another PC in your house have a CD drive?

If you do, then take the CD drive out of another PC and hook it up inside the new PC...then install the OS.

Also, what operating system are you hoping to install and is it a legal retail version on an installation CD? In this instance, you wouldn't be able to copy any of the data to the PC or flash drive in a feesable way due to copyright protection.

Alright here's what i ended up doing:

Took the hdd out of the pc that didn't have a CD drive, put it into a pc that did. put the cd in, installed it.

I was installing Linux, (SuSE 10.1 to be exact), so no infringement there, but i do appreciate you pointing it out.

[Edit]
I would also like to point out, that the reason i posted this topic in this section, was because i was trying to put the SuSE ISO on the USB drive from a Windows Platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom