Voltmodding my 7900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything higher then 1.55 look for watercooling....

I Beilive one guy took his up to 1.8 on DICE for all those 3DMark records...

wth GTX's of course...

Im pretty sure it was K|ngP|n.

OK, found an old 120mm fan lying around, so i balanced it on top of the 7900gt heatsink, with most of the fan hanging over the edge over the memory chips.

the highest i have seen it is 67*C, and a 45*C idle. that is doew from around 80*C load, 55-60*C idle. jolly good stuff. :D

anyone who still has the stock cooler, has the thin plastic film over the manufacturers custom picture gone all distorted because of the heat? mine is all bumpy.

well the stock cooler on the standard 7900gt's is not very good at all really...

Lord AnthraX said:
Guys make sure you put your entry into the Volt mod thread;)

Im working on mine :D

Also Apokalispe are you doing a 1.55?
I've got it at 1.73V ATM, it's on air cooling.
I put heatsinks on the capacitors, because they were starting to get hot. now they're relatively cool.

I did this:

replaced a 5kohm resistor with a 47kohm resistor (they recommended 50kohm but i could only find 47) to increase voltage by 0.28V (calculated)
with a 50kohm resistor it would be a 0.3 increase

replaced an 86kohm ressitor with a 30Kohm resistor (to increase switching frequency) - this allowed me to get past 700MHZ, in combination with the 47Kohm resistor mod

did a conductive pen mod to increase the voltage by 0.2V + 0.05V - this made it stable at 750MHZ

i have maxed out at 560/815. core because of voltage, and mem artifacts on Deep Freeze if any higher.

it isnt going any further unless i take the plunge and buy a new heatsink, ramsinks, and vmod.

EDIT: why does it have the 2d and 3d memory clocks the same? 815MHz probably isnt the best way to go in 2d...

okay, volt mod was a success!!! i just scored 10500 on 3dmark05 at 650/1800, so imma try for 700 right now, and go for higher, i'm only on 1.4v, don't think imma try for 5

Good luck...

680 is as stable as I can get on 1.4.....

1.5 should bring 710 and 1.55 obviously 760 ish and 1.7 is 780 and 1.8 is 800 ish...

well on 1.4 directly after 3dmark05 my temp was 63 degrees, so thats a nice temp, imma take it to 1.5 right now and take this bad boy to 710 and try to get that 11500 in 3dmark 05.. i just 11 by overclocking my cpu .2 ghz, to 2.6.. lets try for 2.7

ok wtf i just bought a multimeter, and im trying to see the ohm's on the ram voltmod resistor. my meter isnt reading anything at all, ive switched sides and everything, and card is laying on a chair. what am i doing wrong? i havent even done anything yet, just trying to do the first step in the guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom