Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixygrip

Beta member
About 2 days ago, my recently built computer would not power up when pressing the front panel button of the case. And to my surprise, the power on/restart button had completely broken somehow. Since I needed to use my computer, and I was on a tight budget so I could not afford a brand new case. So after searching online, I found out that I could short out the pins that control the on/restart button on the mobo with a flat headed screwdriver... Well the first time I tried it, it worked great, but after a while, the computer turned off suddenly. Now, I can't get the darn thing to tunr on anymore even when shortening the pins(It starts up, but after 3 seconds or so, loses power) Do u guys think I completely screwed up my comp? Will buying a new case remedy the problem? please help..Thank you.

if it wont even start up now by shorting it then a new case is unlikely to fix the problem (as it will just link the two pins anyway and this isnt working) Your powersupply might be damaged (in which case a new case with a powersupply included could fix the problem)... the only other thing i can think of is that you have damaged something else... but i would try a different powersupply first!

first try to replace the button and if it doesnt work then you'll know there is a serious problem since the triger is not continues power ( it releases after starting) you migth it have damage something else
it could be just the power supply try another if the switch dont work
AND I MEAN NEW SWITCH !!
like i said replace the switch and do not keep playing with bare cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom