onboard graphics, broken stuff going to fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjosh223

Beta member
Hey i need someone to help me out here now im getting used to alot of this computer stuff, not so indepth of it yet since there is almost limitless knowledge to learn but i really was wondering if anyone could help me.

You see the problem i am having is that my MOBO has an intel x-treme graphics built onto it tho, for this computer bieng as old as it is, i had it for about 4-5 years and the conditions it went through the connector where u connect the monitor into completly broke off, now not only is that broken my monitor is also all mashed up.

I spliced it and got all the wires individually. now what i really want to do is either figure a way i can still use the 3D graphics that is onboard instead of this old matrox card wich doesnt have 3D capabilities, saying that to know if i can somehow join it with some program maybe?

If not i have experience with soldering things, have done much i can solder it back but now im at the part where.

1. I can see if i can get some software so i can use 3D graphics
OR
2. i just go ahead and solder the wires straight onto the MOBO.

You can solder them as long as you make 100% sure that no wires touch, the solder doesn't touch, and that they are where they are supposed to be.

yeah i am buying a new one but i would like to have two computers working and for now id like to be able to play all my 3D games, also i only have PCI slots, no AGP, and is there somewhere where i can see where the colours of the monitor wires go where on the connectors? because i checked out a few guieds i got down like most of the wires plus my monitor lacks a few it doesnt have all 15 wires it has about 11 or 12 so it makes it a bit easier all i just want to make sure is that i get the wire colours correct so i dont blow anything up >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom