Voltmodding my 7900

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'd bring memory down.. but it doesnt want to stay down for only 2d... it goes down for 2d and 3d.. and 500 core is 20 mhz slower than my stock speed.. but i've lowered it to 480 now

hmm i see. mine is 450/660 stock.

mine is at 865 right now..

is this with the stock cooler? i think i may push my mem a bit if it can go that high without any cooling...

yes, i use stock cooling, when i run 3dmark i used 575/875

that crowded dell case is ruining your temps im' betting... you should get yourself a new case.. maybe drill your own holes in it for those proprietary mobo's

ahh, sorry, thats what i meant... but cna't i check from a program for voltages.. anywho its 230 and i got work at 10.. so i'm out for the night

well no, the card itself doesn't read voltages. if it's a GT, it will always report 1.2V if anything. the PCB is the same as the GTX's PCB, except with a few things taken off to remove the option to change voltage in software (usually a BIOS modification)

by performing a volt mod, the card itself doesn't "know" that it's running at a higher voltage. as far as it knows, it's still running at 1.2V. but the mod just lets in more voltage

anyway, what I did with my card is, instead of doing a pencil mod, I actually replaced the resistors with ones of the desired resistance.
doing that requires a bit of skill in soldering.

well, i didnt voltmod, but i did take it to 540/720 with no problems. the max i have seen it is 79*C, but i will heat the room up and try again later. gainward told me not to worry untill 85*C anyway, so i will have that as my ceiling point, seeing as they said it is fine. if it breaks under that, then they will have to replace it.

the memory feels pretty darn hot, but runs OK. no artifacting problems in Deep Freeze like most of the 79 series are getting, and it runs rthdribl fine as well. when gaming, it is much cooler than when benching anyway. the max it hit in nfsmw was 74*C odd. i will try some more games later.

EDIT: new 3dm03 = 16805. yay! 17k is in sight!

EDIT EDIT: core maxed at 560, mem is at 800, at the end of the coolbits slider. i think that is high enough for me. :D it runs everything fine, and i still havent seen higher than 80*C on the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom