Voltmodding my 7900

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and in that guide, when it tells u to measure the ohm's or whatever, are u supposed to do that with the card installed in the computer or outside of the computer?

mhm and if anyone needs to borrow one, (I have one)

Il gladly send it out in a envelope with bubble wrap and it wont cost you a dime, becuase buying it off radio shack is dumb when you have to pay for shipping and evryething....

so if your in need send me a PM

my radioshack is local and in stock, i dont mind payin $7

in that guide, when it tells u to measure the ohm's or whatever, are u supposed to do that with the card installed in the computer or outside of the computer?

ummmm... one question, i'm trying to overclock with riva tuner, but i can't figure out how.. any one care to explain???? and.. i think i'll be heading over to radioshack for the pen and ohm meter sometime soon.. take it up to 1.4 at least on stock heatsink

in that guide, when it tells u to measure the ohm's or whatever, are u supposed to do that with the card installed in the computer or outside of the computer?

plllllllllzzzzzzz, i need to know!

outside

take it up to 1.4 at least on stock heatsink
what, with it loading at 80*C already?

is it a bad idea to underclock the 2d speed? mine seems to be set for 450/660 on 2d as well, which probably explains the high idle temps... (55-60*C)

joshd said:
outside

what, with it loading at 80*C already?

is it a bad idea to underclock the 2d speed? mine seems to be set for 450/660 on 2d as well, which probably explains the high idle temps... (55-60*C)

what?? who says i'm at 80 degrees????? my idol is usually sitting around 48.. full load is lil under 60.... i think i may be getting my materials needed for voltmodding tomorrow, so i'm in luck

no, it's not a bad idea. your card will like you for it :)

anyway, when measuring the resistance (in ohms) you don't need the PC on with the card in. in fact it's better if it isn't on when you're measuring the resistance.

but if you wanted to measure voltage, you'd have to have it on.

and yes, that circuitwriter pen is the right thing to use.

anyway, to the above post:
increasing voltage increases heat output. since P = VI (power in Watts (watts = joules per second) is Volts x Amps)

heat is energy converted from the power you put into the card. it can also be measured in Watts (joules per second)

the more watts the card recieves, the more watts of energy it outputs as heat.

okay... so i'm looking to spend under 20 bucks at radioshack then... ohm reader (thats for the pencil part right?) and the conductive pen right??? i'll try to take it to 1.4v on stock heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom