7900GTX or X1900XTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
which would be better in a conroe setup? both are in the 500 dollar price range, i dont want to go much over that. also Im deciding on wether to go with an lcd monitor either 1280x1024 or 1600x1200. can these cards handle the 1600x1200 resolution without any problems in games like css and bf2?

is one of the cards a clear winner, and which runs cooler? (most likely getting a separate cooler to put on it)

Yes, they can handle 1600x1200 at max settings without breaking a sweat, and personally, I'd say the Nvidia, as Intel has pulled it's license with ATI as per the AMD purchase of ATI, I doubt there will be much chipset/driver support for the initial Conroe/ATI motherboards, and if the license revocation is any indication, no future Conroe motherboards are going to have ATI chipsets.

if you have a conductive pen, no. you just draw a couple of lines.

though if you want to volt mod it higher than 1.55V you need to have some soldering skills

though when I went to 1.55V first, I was able to get 700MHZ. the stock GT's are 450MHZ.
I replaced a couple of the resistors (one to increase voltage more, one to increase overclockability) and got 750MHZ.
and considering the GTX is 650MHZ standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom