Memory or Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have a good use for a dual core processor, I'd go with the memory. Dual Core CPU's can't enhance you gaming experience much yet.

Buy some sweet ram now, sell your old stuff, then wait another year or so and buy a dual core processor when they are even cheaper.

efd753 said:
dual core is goign to help u if you burn cd and dvd while palying video games. So if u want to run alot of program and play video game too then get a dual core. if not then forget it.

I hate this future proof people's BS. thoses people that got an 3800 liek 6 months ago for 300$$. well it costs 180!!!!! now. How many games uses dual core? hmmmm let think.... like 2.

yeah dont beilve the hype of "future proff."

your games are gooan run like 2-5 fps slower cuase of the x2 3800 lower speed. Todays game run in single core, not dual core. meaning it doesnt matter if u have a X10 or X12 it will run the same as the x1(of the same speed).

save your money and use it for games or soemthing.

1.Tell me someone who doesnt run a couple programs in the background that can contribute to lag and low fps. Also show me someone who doesnt multitask atleast once in their life time.

2. Your going to wait 6 months for something to come down in prices when nobody 6 months ago knew.

3.2-5 fps is nothing when you are already getting 100+ fps. Youll like it in the future when your dual core gets you signicantly higher fps.

I wish your post was more convincing.

Regardless what you get I recommend spending an extra few dollars and get the same kind of ram you already have and a dual core.

get the X2 3800 processor and overclock it if you are into that, if ure not into overclocking just get the X2 4200 .. i can tell you right now that when i made my switch from my single core cpu to my dual core i noticed a big difference in the speed of my games, but also overall computer usage as well. trust me... you will not regret the dual core processor, especially now that they are so cheap, i am actually thinking of buying an x2 3800 and building a whole new AM2 socket build so i can give my parents something nice for their aniversary... no more waiting for them with the old single core.. and no, my parents arent gamers, lol.

Pepsiboy700 said:
1.Tell me someone who doesnt run a couple programs in the background that can contribute to lag and low fps. Also show me someone who doesnt multitask atleast once in their life time.

2. Your going to wait 6 months for something to come down in prices when nobody 6 months ago knew.

3.2-5 fps is nothing when you are already getting 100+ fps. Youll like it in the future when your dual core gets you signicantly higher fps.

I wish your post was more convincing.

Regardless what you get I recommend spending an extra few dollars and get the same kind of ram you already have and a dual core.

Pepsiboy700 u missed the point of my post.

You goona need a dual core if u video edit all the time. Also that video editing software needs to use the dual core. Do audio work like recording 13 track at the same time and that program uses dual core. if you dont do this dual core are a waste of money.

You said it. U'll like it in the future!!!!! well why waste 100 when u get the same performance for a single core now?

when in the future? how many games use dual core right now that would benefits from this?(tell me plz im eager to know).

Technology goes down in price. Im petty sure that even in 2 years u wont see a massivee numbers of game using dual core. Also in thoses 2 years you dual core will go down in price.

Buying for the Future is Stupid. Stop your "Future's proof" BS!

I would get the X2 3800+ and then the ram also, Last I checked it was around 170 bucks, for 80 dollars you can get a set of at least 1x 1GB

efd753 said:
Pepsiboy700 u missed the point of my post.

You goona need a dual core if u video edit all the time. Also that video editing software needs to use the dual core. Do audio work like recording 13 track at the same time and that program uses dual core. if you dont do this dual core are a waste of money.

You said it. U'll like it in the future!!!!! well why waste 100 when u get the same performance for a single core now?

when in the future? how many games use dual core right now that would benefits from this?(tell me plz im eager to know).

Technology goes down in price. Im petty sure that even in 2 years u wont see a massivee numbers of game using dual core. Also in thoses 2 years you dual core will go down in price.

Buying for the Future is Stupid. Stop your "Future's proof" BS!

Well, I am not going to be spending to much time responding to this, I very rarely like to reply to people who fail to use a spellchecker and refuse to type two additional characters in the word "you". However, I will make an exception in your case.

Computing is NOT all about gaming it is about stability most of the time, and the best cure to laggy games is stability. I moved to my X2 3800+ from my old rig which is not worth mentioning so of course there was alot of gain, however, my friend build his new system at the same time and he did not get the X2. Whenever he defrags his hard drive or wants to do ANYTHING other than gaming he either chooses the game or the additional program (and I do mean anything, he wanted to do some photoshop while waiting for UT 2k4 to load and it taxed his system quite a bit).

I can encode DVD's, download programs, run Fireworks/Photoshop, and play Battlefield 2 while getting 60-70 FPS in Battlefield 2 while on high settings and AAx2.

So, are you REALLY going to continue to display this "BS" attitude that a dual-core, for $180 is not going to help?

Really buddy, it is you who should stop your "BS".

Oh and in relation to the multiple threaded games, I can guarentee that almost every developer is going to be taking their games to multi-thread simply due to the fact that it allows them to be run machines who are not "cutting edge" due to the fact with a 2 GHz processor you technically will get 4 GHz. Also you can run far more physics in your games if there are two cores taking care of all of that trouble. And if the developers were not moving to multi-thread, why in the sam hill would they come out with Quad-Cores?

And I do realize you will skip over almost all of my post and go to the bottom therefore I will not respond to you beyond this post.

While you are here discussing I will be encoding DVD's, downloading some movies, and watching Ultraviolet while Nortan does a quick scan through my computer.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom