My 1st simple case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
dam, I spent $20 on the KamaBay cooler and you did the same thing for free...lol
Excellent for first mod.(good idea too to get rid of hot air that rises..)

Now for your next mod, in the back where the fan exits air from the case, cut out the preforated metal so the fan has nothing slowing down its flow.

Or put another blowhole behind that one, and flip your PSU so that it sucks in the cooler external air, keeping it cooler and more stable.

When I first read ur post trotter I thought you were nutts. ( I thought what a pain putting the power cord inside and the power wires outside was crazy) lol

After a min. thinking, I realised what you said.It is a easy simple idea that works great..Thanks for the tip.....

Nice trotter... I might have to do that, but I gotta get my 120mm hole saw first... I've got the 92/120's coming in the mail. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the side panal... I don't really need a side window, but I am thinking about cooling... an intake duct right at the cpu fan level, and one intake at the card level, but I have the big vent line at the bottom so I think that would be a waste... any ideas?? :)

Edit: I cannot take the credit for the front intake BTW... I can't remember who but someone did it on TF first. I just took the idea and used it... :cool:

Trotter said:
Or put another blowhole behind that one, and flip your PSU so that it sucks in the cooler external air, keeping it cooler and more stable.

How can you flip your PSU? :amazed:

I think what trotter ment was to turn it so the 120mm fan faces the top. Than you cut out a hole in the top of the case and now the PS will suck cool air from outside the case and spit it out the back. (you do have to redrill the mounting holes though)

And to Nukem, instead of a holesaw for the 120mm fan (expensive) I take one of the circle grills and draw a circle around it to get the right size than I cut it out with metal shears. Because its a bigger hole its easier to cut. They make metal shears that are ment to cut in a circle (both right and left circles) and they are about $10 to 12.

I might look into that, but this case is THICK steel... it's an older case, solid, heavy and think... I used it the yesterday to change out a light buld in the bathroom cause I had it aprt and was too lazy to get the step ladder! LOL and I weight 195 lbs. if that tells you anything!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom