Sony Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
I wan't to overclock sooooo bad, but my sony computer won't let me. I've been looking all over the internet and I have heard that I can not overclock with my mobo, an Asus P4B-LX, they say because it is a sony OEM board..is there anything i can do???

my specs:

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Sony_VAIO_Digital_Studio_PCV_RX560 (with the afformentioned motherboard, a Radeon 9800 Pro 128 mb, and an extra 256 mb SD-RAM)

Another possibility is buying a new processor, how high can I go with this motherboard?

You cant overclock most OEM mobos. A processor wouldnt fix it because its not a processor issue... its a mobo issue.

I know of nothing you can do.

I'm thinking of buying a P4 2.8, new mobo, new case, new power suply, and new memory, high end HSF (it'll run me about $1400 CDN including some extras) then overclock to like 3.2-3.8.

this will hopefully last me until 2 years and still be able to handle most gaming...i will then re-use some of the parts and buy a top of the line system

y dont u just buy a new mobo? There are some cheap mobos out there that will let u OC. O yea and BTW. If you OC to 3.8... ur gonna need to get watercooling for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom