Hardrive Question!! Asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath

Baseband Member
I need to buy a internal hardive for my rig, i dont want to spend alot of money for i def. want alot of speed. I know the raptors are fast but for only 74gbs for about 130$, is it really worth it and do they have shorter lifespans?. Can i fit a couple my games like cs source, bf2, dod source, and maybe 1 or 2 more? and important programs on there like photoshop? And then do a external hardrive of about 300gbs?

Is that what everyones setup is like, or is there a big and fast internal hardrive thats reliable and cost under 200$? i need to know i am going to buy tommorow. dont want to spend any more then 225$ for both internal and external.

I would aprreciate any help!:D

well if your asking about everyone's setup, gaara's is the biggest, i thnk he has 6 or 7 hard drives.

anywho, i need to know if you have IDE or SATA on your mobo, and a segate or western digital drive that's SATA will do good, even better in RAID 0, a 250gb SATA2 drive goes for around $90 on newegg.

EDIT: oh and for external, get 2 of the 250gb SATA seagate or western digital drives (one for internal and one for external) and get an external enclosure and put one of them in it.

HardDrive
External Enclosure

I would say thats a pretty good deal, the Harddrive is 16MB Cache which is significant over an 8 MB Cache.

If you want an enclosure with external USB/Firewire/SATA/Ethernet or any combination of those then you will have to spend more.

This is my mobo, forgive me this is my first build and i just ordered my stuff so if this answers the question about ide or sata because idk.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131013

and quoted from MrZucchiniHead "a 250gb SATA2 drive goes for around $90 on newegg." U have a link!?

And are the raptors really worth the extra money? Reliable? and then just buy a external hd like one of the ones u guys suggested?

Just read the first guys post, but anyhow:

I have a normal 30Gb Ide drive and a 250Gb Sata II drive. I use the first one for installs and the second one for storage of everything. Reason I'm speaking up is its Surprisingly VERY fast. Boot up and loading is so much faster than other set ups. I honestly don't know why its working so well, but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it right?

Anyways I personally don't think raptors are worth it seeing how I use only cheap HDDs and they kick ***, but thats just me.

I am not sure what raid 0 is? Sorry if this is a noob question.
I will prolly go with one one you guys suggested, its speed is in between a normal basic hd and a raptor, right?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom