All my Music Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Well all my music was on my ipod so I reformated my PC. I installed Itunes. I made sure Itunes wasnt running then I plugged my ipod in to go into it and get my music off it and put it in my Itunes folder. But when I plugged it in for some reason Itunes started up and since there was no music in my libary I guess it erased everything on my Ipod. It did it so fast before I had a change to close it.. well this sucks

Hello,

Sorry to hear.

Unfortunately, even if iTunes hadn't of updated your iPod and removed all the tracks on it, there would be no conventional way of transferring back your songs from your iPod to the PC anyway. It's not supported because of Digital Rights Management protection from copyright infringement. However there are applications which could have uploaded your tracks from the iPod to the PC - but all filenames would be generic and songs would be in an illogical order...

...iTunes couldn't find the files listed in the library on the PC's hard drive, and so erased all your tracks on your iPod when updating - because it was set to automatically update when connected. Unfortunately you needed to backup your music files prior to formatting the hard drive.

You could try to use a data recovery program and attempt to recover your music files (even though you've formatted the drive). The files are still there, but just flagged deleted. However, I can't guarantee that you'll recover all your music files (if any) because data may have been overwritten and used up by new software installations (such as re-installation of the OS). I can't name any freeware or shareware data recovery programs, but some do exist.

I have reformated my PC before and took all the songs off of my Ipod and put them on my PC and it all worked out fine.

When you connect your ipod and go into that drive theres a hidden folder with all the songs you can just copy and paste

So....you fixed the problem? I was also going to say that there was a hidden folder call Ipod_Control/Music. Unless the iTune application actually deleted the song off your Ipod.

i think that is what hes trying to say. If that is the case, you are out of luck. Unless those harddrive recovery software could also recover files from IPOD hds.

that is why i hate itunes very poor programming in my opinion im sure many people have made that same mistake because itunes forces you to go into settings to disable auto update and your average ipod user (teenage girls, average highschool student) doesnt know how to use this setting and things like this happen often it is even quite the task to delete a song from your ipod without itunes putting it back on with its autoupdate feature turned on. also i dont buy into the whole ipod thing i think its preatty lame, so you can hold 3,000,000,000.. songs its just a music player and poor video player if you have the money. thats why i cant wait for the microsoft zune to come out its got everything ipod has and more including xm radio, wifi, video, games (and im not talking the famous mac solitaire), ect. well i just realized i went way off topic sorry to hear about your music :)

There IS software that allows you to take the songs from IPOD to the PC. However, it costs money, and can be found at Best Buy. I think it's about $20, and called "Tune Plus"

talldude: please read previous post.

All you have to do is open up ipod control and you can get the songs.

Footstaple already knows how to do this, but he accidentally had iTunes opened and his songs are now all gone because he did not turn autoupdate off.

The problem right now is how he could recover these DELETED files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom