gaming build - compatibility ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

4DConsumer

Baseband Member
I found this forum 2 weeks ago and after reading up on the awesome sticky guides to building and asking for recommendations, I decided to order my parts today. As far as I know, everything is compatible but I would like to see what you guys think. Also, for the time being, I want to use my exisiting case,hard drive,cdrw,dvdrom,dvdr+rw and memory. The dvdr+rw is an external drive so I know it will work. The other stuff came stock in my emachines t2385. Will this be a problem?

This is what I got:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N583-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V TUV, UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC - Retail

As long as you realize that you will have to reformat your hard drive when you build it, then your good. Don't know about the memory compatability, but those parts will work together...

I've got the 512mb stick that came stock and then I have another 512mb that I think is corsair. 1gb won't be enough?

Well here's the deal. Your machine as of now, has DDR226 (PC2100) type RAM. Which means it's a little below mediocre. Plus with your motherboard, you have to use DDR400 (PC3200).

Also, with the setup you plan on getting, I highly recommend 2GB. I mean, 1GB would get you by, but with a dual-core processor, 2GB is ideal.

His current RAM would work just fine on that motherboard, but the RAM is crap RAM so he should get new stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom