Games freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
Hello, I had a really old slow and small packard bell PC that would play games, not the best but worked. Now I have this PIONEX junk going with a K6-2/500 cpu, M5ALA board, 160 of dimm, 1 12gig HDD and 1 6gig HDD. The 2 games I tried on it freeze the thing up right away, nothing works or moves, can't end program with key board but background music keeps playing. I have to hit the reset to get it going again. The pile of junk works great other wise after putting in 2 more fans,[5 total now], any one have any ideas? They worked on that really weak packard bell, So I figured games would work much better on this thing but I was wrong. I thought the AMD K6-2 was supost to be good for games when it was introduced? TomW

I have spybot S-D installed and also have the latest version of spyware killer saved to floppy disk, which one do you think is better?

Hi again, I ran the spybot with updates and it found a couple things, I then removed spybot and installed the latest version of spyware killer and it found 23 things on it. So can I assume the spyware is the better program?

check what version directx the card handles. also what games and what vid card and what directx ver

The NHRA drag racing game wants directx7, machine has directx9 on it. Vid card is i740 [apollo7400]. I will have do some reading in the vid card book. Tom w

well, adware is not technically a virus so most will not find it. Its still better to have an adaware program to run along with Nortons or some similar software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom