8 GB's DDR2 RAM...a monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know 8 GBs is a lot and it's unecessary but i was just saying in general.....how powerful would your computer be if you had 8 gigs of ram. A person mentioned that it wouldn't work unless it's used for a server which is probably right so i don't think there is any way of actually using it on a normal computer. But if you could, that could be a beast.

No, it wouldn't be a beast. It will not improve performance until the system starts needing that extra RAM. It may even decrease performance slightly. :eek:

Trifid said:
No, it wouldn't be a beast. It will not improve performance until the system starts needing that extra RAM. It may even decrease performance slightly. :eek:

are you kidding it would decrease performance GREATLY

And there is any proof? I would say under Vista it will give only a slight decrease in performance. But there isn't really a good benching of it to really see the difference in performace in real world.

Trifid said:
And there is any proof? I would say under Vista it will give only a slight decrease in performance. But there isn't really a good benching of it to really see the difference in performace in real world.

i still think it would. 8gb is ALOT of memory, even for vista

There is far to much memory to allocate, your computer would be lagging behind everything you do, and the kid next to you with 2 gigs will be laughing at you.

Oh, and in 30-40 years there will be computers with 1 TB of RAM, but then on those computers you will have simulations of real life, full and depicted with full VR. Trust me, Bill Gates once said that 64K ought to be enough for anybody, and look at where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom