autolock

Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmrjohnn

Beta member
when i leave my computer on over night every time i wake up[to see someone else using my pc] they tell me it went into autolock and only the administrator or myself can unlock it does anyone know how to turn it off? ill post what it says tomorrow hopefully i can wake and see it myself.

jlc3

usually the screensaver time out comes on. You can set that in the display properties. Are you not wanting people on your pc? If it does come on again, all they gotta go is hold the power button down till it restarts then they can get back on. It sounds like its not setup properly anyways

all i know is i turn off the monitor and people are waking me up asking me about it. its not the normal log on screen its like a small popup in the middle of the screen you cant see the taskbar or anything. i wish i could recall exactly what it says, or looks like.

jlc3

screen saver goes on after 10 minute and on resume, display welcome screen is on. but say i leave for 30 minutes it doesnt come up with the autolock screen it take me to the welcome screen. im assuming it comes on after so many hours of hibernation.

jlc3

To unlock your computer using the UNLOCK COMPUTER dialog box, in the Unlock Computer dialog box, type your password.

To unlock your computer using the COMPUTER LOCKED dialog box, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, type your password, and then click OK.

Found via windows help and support under lock computer.

Possible things that could cause it; someone hitting the LOGO + L key combination.

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
Selecting the On Resume, password protect check box will LOCK YOUR COMPUTER when the screen saver is activated. When you begin working again you will be prompted to type your password to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom