overclocking evga 6800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use nVHardPageSE since i have an older card, if you tune the right stuff you can make it do more detailed things.

Look at the pic, look at the road and how its all blurry before i tuned it

Attachments

• untitled-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 40
the only options you really need to change are bringing up the core clock, and memory clock, i've never used riva tune so i can't tell you exactly where it's at. But for core raise it maybe 5 mhz at a time, and for memory, maybe you could do 10 mhz at a time.. at least thats what i do, and its been doing me just fine

You can try using a program called CoolBits.
http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_coolbits/

Look there and you should see a link to download Coolbits. It extracts and places itself into your system registry so be aware of that.
CoolBits imo is far more easier to understand and use than rivatuner, although rivatuner is far more powerful. Use CoolBits to increase core clock speeds / memory clock speeds of your videocard, use rivatuner to do advanced overclocking like unlocking extra pipelines on your video card [read up on it when you've finished overclocking the basics].
Read in the link I sent you, it gives you tips on how to overclock your videocard, also signs you can check on when you've gone a bit too far with your clocking.
Good Luck!

well he won't be unlocking any pipes unless its the agp version of the gs.. riva tuner is for more insanely high overclocks, like when your volt modding.. or your card is water cooled to be able to actually clock that high :-/ ..... although with cool bits i can take core all the way up to 1.0 ghz.. wow! good luck getting that!

Rivatuner is easy. I use it. And i have a 6800gs. Make sure you have an aftermarket gpu cooler before you overclock, like a vf700-900.

Click on the lower "customize" arrow (forware detected) and the first icon that looks like a video card (system settings). Change the mode to performance 3d. Use the sliders to overclock. Click "test", "save" "apply settings at startup". I currently have my card at 475 core and 1100 memory...although i suggest you do a little at a time and monitor your temp. Dont cook it. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom