Odd laptop sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuuazul

Beta member
I bought a new Fujitsu Amilo A1650 laptop a month ago. I noticed there was a problem with the sound when using Skype or Messenger for voice calls: after one minute of sound working fine, the person I was talking stopped hearing my voice, and started receiving "metallic" disturbance sound instead.

At first I thought it might be a Skype/Messenger problem and updated both programs, checked Firewall settings etc. but the problem persisted gradually getting worse (at the moment the disturbance in the sound starts after 20-30 seconds). I replaced the webcam as well, thinking it was the mic in the webcam that was faulty, but it did not solve the problem either (I am using Logitech's Notebook Dluxe with USB connection). I have not been able to test the problem with a headset that connects to the heaphone and mic "ports" but I doubt it would make a difference.

I have updated drivers for my sound card, removed it totally and reinstalled, tested the voice with my laptop's Voice Recording function and Control Panels Voice -> Test hardware function. When I used the Voice Recording, for example, the sound was fine for the first 30 secs but then this awful noise started!

I do not have to restart my computer to achieve another 30 sec stint of the sound/voice working.

Fujitsu support has been hopeless and the ask me to reinstall Windows XP not offering any explanations for the problem. Any ideas? Tips?

Thank you! :)

kuuazul said:

Fujitsu support has been hopeless and the ask me to reinstall Windows XP not offering any explanations for the problem. Any ideas? Tips?

If you already reinstalled the correct drivers then what they suggested is the next step. The amount of time you have spent calling them and making this post is more then the time needed to reinstall XP. It is after all the fix all,,,sorry its the time's we live in.

I don't understand why people don't want to do this, Its easy and fool proof. If your answer to this is you don't want to lose anything then you should always back up your data. You should never become attached to install of xp ,, NEVER!

EDIT - You could always buy one of THESE if for some crazy reason you didn't want to reinstall or if there is phsically something wrong with the onboard sound chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom