Fan on the Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Jolly

Solid State Member
Hello.

I am having a problem with one of the fans on my motherboard (not the CPU Fan or a case fan), that is making quite a lot of noise.

It is not over anything obvious and it is 40mm square.

Does anyone know what this fan might cool, and where I could get a new, quieter replacement.

On a seperate issue, I am thinking about replacing my CPU heatsink and Fan, but I can't seem to get the heatsink off the Motherboard. I don't want to damage either the motherboard or the CPU, so I have stopped trying to yank it off. Myself and a friend built the machine (it was my first build) and I can't remember how he put it on, or whether he told me how to take it off!

This is my first post on this board, and whilst I am not a technophobe by any stretch of the imagination, I am not 100% technofluent.

Any help/comments would be appreciated.

that fan cools off the northbridge. You can get a fan anywherre just get the riight size fan. But i mean... to take off the CPU fan, there are little like clips on the side of it. Take those clips off and it should be fine.

Thanks Monster. What exactly is the Northbridge? I haven't come across that before.

I'll have another look for those clips.

what it is, it like controls the data sending from the CPU and the AGP memory. I guess u can say its part of the CPU.

Andrew Jolly said:
Hello.

I am having a problem with one of the fans on my motherboard (not the CPU Fan or a case fan), that is making quite a lot of noise.

It is not over anything obvious and it is 40mm square.

Does anyone know what this fan might cool, and where I could get a new, quieter replacement.

On a seperate issue, I am thinking about replacing my CPU heatsink and Fan, but I can't seem to get the heatsink off the Motherboard. I don't want to damage either the motherboard or the CPU, so I have stopped trying to yank it off. Myself and a friend built the machine (it was my first build) and I can't remember how he put it on, or whether he told me how to take it off!

This is my first post on this board, and whilst I am not a technophobe by any stretch of the imagination, I am not 100% technofluent.

Any help/comments would be appreciated.
Can you tell us what type of motherboard is and if the fan is in the case wall or a smaller fan that is just off the cpu fan?

well if he said its on the motherboard and its not the CPU fan... then it must be the northbridge fan. SInce thats the only other fan on the mobo. So it has to be the northbridge fan.

Hello - Thanks for the help so far.

In answer to the respective questions, the motherboard I have is an Asus AV7V133, and I have a AMD Athlon 1 ghz CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom