laptop competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulak

Beta member
Hi

i'm a college student taking business adminstration specifcally in marketing and this year is my 2nd year of the program. In the 2nd year, student get to pick one of the two laptops and I'm having trouble picking one over the other. so I was hoping you guys can help me out on which one is the better laptop

Dell Latitude D620

CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.67
RAM: 1GB x1 DIMM
VIDEO: 256 MB Nvidia TurboCache*
HDD: 80GB 5400RPM
Display: 14.1" WXGA (Wide)
CD: DVD-RW/CD-RW
Ports: Serial, VGA, 4-USB
Network: 10/100/1000
Wireless: Dell BG

ThinkPad R60

CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.67
RAM: 1GB x1 DIMM
VIDEO: 128 MB ATI x1400
HDD: 80GB 5400RPM
Display: 14.1" XGA
CD: DVD-RW/CD-RW
Ports: 3-USB, S-Video, FireWire
Network: 10/100/1000
Wireless: Intel ABG

This is all the info that my college provided about the laptops. I think that they should put more info, but i know both laptops have window xp professional. I have no expectation since I only had experience of 1 year of college, so I cant really tell ya...

so what the verdict? Dell or ThinkPad

Thanks

Mulak

talldude123 said:
I would go with the IBM, due to the quality, brand, and it has firewire.

I agree with the IBM part. IBM > Dell, even though the Dell may have a better video card. But since this is for business school, I doubt you'll be playing any games.

But firewire? How is firewire useful? Screw firewire. :p

It's better than USB. Well, according to Mac. I've never tried it, my PC's too old.

For school/business, i wouldn't use a Dell. They get too many viruses, which take over your sensitive documents.

really? no dell laptop for school? i was thinking about gettin one of there XPSs. i'm by no means a fan of dell, but i've heard pretty good things about their laptops.

i got one of there(dells) lappys for work(its an inspiron 1300) i find it great for work and have had no problems with viruses with just aVast as protection. although the new macbook looks very nice...

Dell computers (except for the really nice but overpriced ones) tend to be fairly unreliable, see lots for repair at work. I would fully recommend an IBM Thinkpad over the Dell. Can still game well, very reliable and rugged, great laptops all around. Plus many bigger businesses supply employees with IBMs (3M for example) so it never hurts to get used to what you may be using in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom