*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, wood can be a pain, ive had a few probs, but nothing noticable, and im gonna stain it so dark so it will all blend, hopefully

thanks

after so long ( unless u used some hefty glue or large ammounts of it) that glue will eventualy fall apart. Know from experiance with shelves :)

Your prob gonna need some nice cooling cooling for that wooden master piece.DOnt know if it to late to add a front intake fan that could be put in so it isnt noticible but that just my thoughts, anyways look freakin awesome so far.Is there gonna be any metal in it as far as like a mobo tray or is it gonna be 100% wood.Oh yeah water cooling would be a nice touch.

fr34ky said:
Oh yeah water cooling would be a nice touch.

Would be an extra touch of class, moreso than air cooling. :)

Very nice job so far! Can't wait until the final product is completed!

thanks.

adding a thin veneer to it is tempting, but im just gonna stain it, i dont wanna spend more money, im already down like 200£. i used wood pva for the main part of it, but i swithed to a polyurethane for the curves, and that stuff is STRONG, i got it on my fingers a few days a ago and i cnt get it off, its like super glue.

i thought about putting a fan at the front for intake but it would spoil the look, instead it has an intake underneith.
i have to say, the case may look good, but it goes againt everything a case should be, its huge on the outside, but its mini tower sized inside somehow, and i think the inded will hold the heat like a radiator, but still it looks sexy, so im good.

i bought a cheapo case and im gonna use the mobo tray from that.

and water cooling.......argh dont gimmie ideas, now im tempted and i really cant afford it, but it would look mighty good

swish, thanks, im still waiting for the stain to come, im so desprte just to finish this thing, hopefully it will be done tommorw, anywho, i cut the hole in the side, for the door, i think its enugh, i can get the psu in and it fits!

CRIM0001-2.jpg

CRIM0002-2.jpg

when i do get my stain ill take a pic after each coat, it will be interesting how much darker its getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom