C'mon, I'm havin' some problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
Alright, I am trying to get BartPE to read my NTFS format disk, but when I got to access files, it's in a RAW format, I have downloaded the Partition Magic Plugin for it, but it's not working.

1. Is there another program I can use for it to read my Harddrive?

2. I'm havin' problems Booting up my computer with Windows Professional, it's trying to run checkdisk, but when it's trying, it says, "AUTOCHK.EXE Not found- Skipping" then it reboots, is there a way I can bypass this? I'm havin' some major issues with it, and I can't even get it to boot into SafeMode. :( :angry: Thank you in advance, Jeremiah.

If it's rebooting after displaying that message, your system partition is marked as "hidden NTFS". You can download a program called ptedit from PowerQuest for free. Boot to a DOS disk, run PTEdit, and change the "partition type" from hex 0x17 to hex 0x07.

If the message "autochk not found" is displayed but your computer otherwise completes the boot process normally, you need to remove Windows XP HotFix KB824105 in "add/remove programs"....

stolen from another site

Also you can get a program called superwinPE or Knoppix.They both will boot off of the disk and allow you to backup your files. SuperwinPE is the best it has nero intregated and you can use a cd drive and a cd burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom