A simple video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matches the one on ASUS's site, though if you want to get technical and check the revision number, usually a sticker can be located on the board to give you that information.

And the GeForce4 MX card, being an AGP 4x part, should work flawlessly, but be sure to check first with ASUS for any compatibility issues.

usually it is called just ASUS which is the shorthand name for asustek. yes that video card will work on that motherboard. it says integrated video, but i can clearly see in that picture that the AGP slot is free and it supports that video card's 4x speed. so you have no problems, go ahead and buy it. you have to disable your onboard video before using the add-on video card.

Cane said:
If a video card says it has AGP 8x support like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44988&item=4125870012&rd=1
will it support my motherboard?

It's backwards compatible, meaning an 8x card will run on a 4x boards and so on.

If you're looking at a video card, though, I'd avoid the MX line of cards from nVidia. Personally, I'd go with ATI, but you'd be much happier with a higher end GeForce 3 than an MX GeForce4, even if they're closely priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom