Infrared for NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmwrestler

In Runtime
I have an ibm thinkpad 380xd running NT server 4.0 and was wondering if there is any software out there that will let me use the infrared port and share files with it? I have downloaded and installed the correct infrared driver for my computer model from the ibm site, but that is just the driver. Is there any way to use ftp or telnet to communicate to other computers through an infrared port? I found one that looks like it works, but it is only for win95, and if I try to install it, it says: "Cannot be run in Windows NT"

Oops, I'm sorry. I meant between two laptops, but not two thinkpads, just one thinkpad and one dell. They both have infrared ports, though. All the sites I found for activesync, they are for between a laptop and a mobil phone. Will it work between two laptops anyway?

We used to use just the built-in tool the driver provided to connect our NT4.0 machines via infra red...it would "detect" another device near which you simply would connect to. This is what I remember of that era anyway..it has been about 4 years since we ridded our NT4.0 boxes.

That is in windows 98, as far as I know. I used to use windows 98 on another thinkpad, and it would detect other infrared computers near. A little icon that looked like an infrared port with red waves comming out would appear in the system tray. Windows 95 used to have that too. What was the winNT driver called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom