Price vs Perf , X2 vs conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be a fresh build. and i was thinking am2 socket if i did go amd

and about $200 is my budget for my cpu.

As for OCing i've only done stuff with my vid cards and don't know anything about ocing cpus so i Ocing might be limited

Lord AnthraX said:
Thats a pretty bad decision IMO
It could be, as I am taking a bit of a gamble on this one. First off, I don't think I'll have the money, or time for Conroe going to school and all. So if I would build a Conroe system, it would be pretty much right when they come out. Which means paying a premium for a mediocre motherboard. Also, I am quite sure that my setup now will hold me over 'til '07 which is when the Kentsfield chips will be out.

All in all, who knows, I might go Conroe. I don't know.

viperman5000 said:
. Also, I am quite sure that my setup now will hold me over 'til '07 which is when the Kentsfield chips will be out.

Kentsfield has been moved up to Q4 06.

Ridlyn said:
For just cpu intel wins, but if oyu have to include the mobos amd is the winner right now. But that will certainly change when there's more mobos that support conroe.
Even with the expensive mobo's:

E6600 = $350 (Street Price)
Mobo = $250 (Nice one any ways, there are some ~$150 options)
Total = $600

That set up will beat a:

FX-62 = $800
Mobo = $150
Total = $950

Now I know, in the lower end set ups the difference isn't as great, but point is, the Price/Performance of the chips, does counter the prices of the mobo's right now to a point. All that being said, I am disappointed at how expensive the nicer mobo's are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom