S.o.s Please!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wing

Beta member
My brother gave me his computer that he had a little over a year. The motherboard fried so, I'm attempting to fix it. I have replaced the motherboard with a Soyo SY-KT600 plus, replaced the case and connected everything to the motherboard. I have a 250W power supply and when I power up the computer everything seems to operate correctly. The lights on the motherboard lights up, the CPU fan is operating, the lights flash on the CD-rom, I have the correct memory. The motherboard is a socket A and I have a Duron CPU. Like I explained everything seems to be in working order but I'm not getting any video the moniter is black and goes straight to hibernation mode when I turn it on. I'm not sure if the AGP card is bad or what. I get no beeps when I power up the computer. Please if someone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

First, go to devices Manager, click on Video card to see if there is a red sign? if you do, you need to change yr Video card

if its the same thing that happened to me, flip the little red switch on the back of the power supply (changing it from 230 to 120)

if it stays black and you can't get it boot up it migth be the procesor that need to be cleaned and have termal paste
some new motherboards will go to hibernation if finds a problem
did you check the ram? it will only Support 266/333/400 MHz FSB
please list what you have in ram and if you got a way to check On board voltage monitors

TeLeMuNdO! said:
if its the same thing that happened to me, flip the little red switch on the back of the power supply (changing it from 230 to 120)
if it ever ocurrs that you try to power up on 220 volts it will not do anything but set it to 11o or 120 like you said and it will start but its got to be a 110 oulet
most of the 22o or 230 outlets are used in dryers but they are way to big to plug a comp
and i never heard of a switchable power supply
mmmm .... am i wrong?:rolleyes:

It could be the jumpers on the motherboard. Usually, you buy motherboards with the jumper set to clear on the cmos jumper. Check to see if the jumpers are set to run. Consult your manual that came with the motherboard.

I can't check device manager because I can't boot up. I have the correct ram DDR333 which the manual suggested and when I put in my CPU I used termal paste. My jumpers where cleared but they are now set to run. How can I check on board voltage monitors, can I use a digital multimeter if so, how would I use it? My manual says I need a 1.5v video card how can I check my video card's volt. I have a GeForce2 MX400 PCI graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom