Very low 3DMark06 score

Status
Not open for further replies.

badshooter

Solid State Member
I just built a new computer with a Pentium D 930 Presler@ 3.0 GHz with 2x2MB cache, a Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G mother board, 1 Gb Pqi turbo DDR2@667mhz RAM, Seagate 80GB SATA2 hard drive, and a powercolor Ati X800GTO pci-express 256mb videocard. I get a score of 1370, the second test doesn't even run(SM3.0), the cpu test scores around 600 and the first video scores aroun 1000, I cant remember the exact numbers right now. The fps in the first test are at a max of 8, the cpu test is 0 or 1. Why wont the SM3.0 test run and is the cpu number way off or normal?

Not sure, but I don't think the X800GTO supports shader model 3.0. But I'm pretty sure it should still run the test, regardless. I'm more of a nVidia fan myself, so I've never had to deal with that problem... (My last ATI GFX card was before the whole SM3 era anyway)

WOOT, 400 posts for me!

My rig:
P4 3.08ghz HT
1gb kingston value ram dual channel pc3200
55gb seagate, 120gb maxtor
x800 gto 16 pipes unlocked 440/1080

Gets me 5222 with nothing running in background in 3dmark05. Your 3dmark06 score is usually half your 05 score so I should get about 2600. The x8 series doesnt support sm3.0 also. That cpu also isnt that great so thats why you got low numbers. Let me get 3dmark06 and I will tell you what I got.

With that Rig, you should be scoring closer to 2000, since I get something like 3700 in 3DMark06, and I'm still on a Athlon XP! Try to free some background processes, make sure your system isn't being bogged down by viruses and spyware. And technically Pepsiboy, his rig outclasses yours, and since 3DM'06 likes dual cores, he should be sweeping the pavement with your system.

@badshooter: what is performance in games like with that rig?

I'm still not satisfied with the performance of C&C generals and haven't tried any others yet, its still new and haven't had time to install. If the x800 isn't a good choice, what is? I want to stay in the +/- $100 range. What brand? What size?

The X800 isn't the worst GFX card there is, and I doubt you'll get something better for a $100. If you've got it, install a FPS games, since they put the most stress on the GFX card. That way you can check if it's holding you back.

magouster said:
With that Rig, you should be scoring closer to 2000, since I get something like 3700 in 3DMark06, and I'm still on a Athlon XP! Try to free some background processes, make sure your system isn't being bogged down by viruses and spyware. And technically Pepsiboy, his rig outclasses yours, and since 3DM'06 likes dual cores, he should be sweeping the pavement with your system.

@badshooter: what is performance in games like with that rig?

Theres always more gfx tests than cpu so If you had a computer with same specs but a 7900gtx in one and a 6600gt in another the 7900gtx would pull way out ahead. A xp isnt far behind my p4 and yours 7800gs which I think is a 7900 core beats my x800 gto to the ground. The extra 1/2 gb ram also helps.

But yeah you should get atleast 2000.

compared to a single core pentium.... yes, it should be noticeable higher, maybe 600-1000 points depending on the model.. unless pentiums dual core is that far behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom