the ulimate cooling soultion... - total-immersion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/14/1621235

Sapphire: A Liquid That Won't Get Things Wet
Posted by timothy on Wednesday April 14, @01:42PM
from the it-tastes-different-though dept.

eaglebtc writes "Tuesday on Good Morning America, a representative from Tyco Fire & Security demonstrated an amazing new substance called Sapphire : a water-like fluid that does not get things wet. He filled a small fish tank with Sapphire and submerged a book, a laptop, and a flat panel TV. Both electronics were turned on when submerged; all three items came out completely unharmed. Click here for a slideshow of the demonstration. The official name for Sapphire is actually Novec 1230. Read about it here (PDF). Tyco sees practical applications of Sapphire in fire extinguisher systems for museums and libraries. By the same token of practicality, regular readers of Slashdot probably have something else in mind: total-immersion watercooling. Just think of the possibilities!"

Hmmmm..... does this mean I can have a REAL AQUARIUM for a PC Case??? :cool: :p

wow this is really exciting but im presuming that the liquid is quite dense and thus heat dissipation will not be effective...

the Novec 1230 is mainly for fire protection hmm..

can it like not freeze under 32 degrees F? Since im gonna put a compressor on my water cooling... Do u think it can stand temps under 32 degrees?

hmm i just had this though, since it is fire proof, doesnt make it like absorb as much heat as possible? wow... so disregard my previous statement... this stuff is really a cooling application!!!

I MUST GET ONE OF THOSE :D

that is mind blowing, but it would not be better than water cooling, its only non conductive/ corrosive as far as i can tell. if you want ultimate cooling solution just move to the north pole. you could hang out with santa's little midgets and his reindeers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom