Advice for gaming rig. pleeease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bonehelm said:
ebay bought pcs are a pain in the ***, forget about it

theres always newegg you know

you can find some pretty good pc parts on ebay for cheap, but i would never buy a whole computer there

I was actually thinking of buying like an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ on eBay, you can get them and a motherboard for like 40 dollars together, or less :p

Anyway, that looks like a good board to me.

I'm now reading that dual core processors are no good for gaming at all. Can anyone back this up?

4DConsumer said:
I'm now reading that dual core processors are no good for gaming at all. Can anyone back this up?

its not that they are no goodits just that most games dont utilize their capabilitys yet. its not going to hurt performance if you have dual core. but in the future youre going to want to have dual core.

Aright, I placed my order with newegg, I hope everything works out and is actually compatible. This is what I got:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

eVGA 256-P2-N583-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 115/230 V TUV, UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC - Retail

As far as I know, everything is compatible. What do you guys think?
Also, for the time being, I'm using my exisiting case,hard drive,cdrw,dvdrom,dvdr+rw and memory. The dvdr+rw is an external drive so I know it will work. The other stuff came stock in my emachines t2385.
Will this be a problem?
Thanks to everyone who has helped me !!
This forum kicks a#@ !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom