Buying a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapid said:
Windows has had much more success then the Mac...maybe because its capable of handling real world tasks...not just multimedia and entertainment. The tons of versions of Windows shows that Microsoft is financially capable of developing its OS with the market. More people use it, more feedback on improvements = better OS that addresses real issues.

Windows is an OS plagued with viruses. It's worn out, and it needs to be rewritten.

Lots of different versions of it shows that it is in need of improvement. Versions don't matter, if you want to get technical, Mac OS X has had 10.0, 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3, etc to 10.4.7.

If you think that Windows is better because you get Microsoft Office, think again. MS makes office for Mac too, Openoffice.org runs on all OS's. Windows sucks for server applications, Linux wins.

Windows wins for games, Linux does to. Mac has games too. They are all capable of doing everything, but they all have their ups and downs. If you can't except the fact that they all have their uses and their niches in the the "real world", then you are stubburn and are missing out, you also need to be pimp slapped.

I have a desktop with Linux and Windows on it. My Macbook Pro has OS X and Windows on it. I know what I am talking about.

Easy there fella.... no one made fun of you for being Canadian... why do you have to be so harsh on Mac's?

You asked for suggestions, and that is what you were given... then you spat on one of them, produced skewed details, and put an issue-prone OS on a pedistal.... That is totally weak, especially for a use with 11 posts......

Rapid said:
:) Giving up Mac OS X was Apple's smartest move yet.

Apple "gave up" on OS X by adding support for Windows just about as much as HP "gave up" on Windows with the creation of HP-UX. And just about as much as Dell did for selling servers with Linux on them instead of just selling Windows Server 2003. If you think they "gave up" on Mac OS X, then you are sorely mistaken.

And if you think Windows on a Mac means no Mac OS X, then you obviously have no idea...

And if Mac's can't operate the "real world" then how does Apple, a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company run itself using just Mac's?

You lose.

The General said:
And if Mac's can't operate the "real world" then how does Apple, a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company run itself using just Mac's?

A little off topic, but how hard would you laugh if you went into Apple's HQ, and see that they use DELL's....

I guess you know what your talking about....dont you live in Silicon Valley? I know I passed through Bakersfield, but that was long ago. I remember going to Fry's and being dissapointed by seeing the same prices. I thought they would be cheaper there.

I'll still never get a Mac, and maybe because Windows has worked flawlessly for me for years. Im just hating it because of those **** stupid commercials....and the ridiculous actions of the company that makes Mac look like its the best OS.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Easy there fella.... no one made fun of you for being Canadian... why do you have to be so harsh on Mac's?

You asked for suggestions, and that is what you were given... then you spat on one of them, produced skewed details, and put an issue-prone OS on a pedistal.... That is totally weak, especially for a use with 11 posts......

This is sad...dont bring up nationality if you're American.
I had duel citizenship and intentionally gave up my American one for quicker processing through airports.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
no one made fun of you for being Canadian

I've read through the thread time and time again, and I still have no idea what you're talking about. How do you even know he's from Canadia? (We say it like that here, it's my little joke. :p) It doesn't say Canada in his location, it says nothing... :umm:

The General said:
I've read through the thread time and time again, and I still have no idea what you're talking about. How do you even know he's from Canadia? (We say it like that here, it's my little joke. :p) It doesn't say Canada in his location, it says nothing... :umm:

He saw my CAD currency unit request.

or
He's probably trying to be a smart-*** and checked my IP location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom