"run a dll" app wants to access the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
I am running EZ Armor firewall and it asks me if I want to let certain applications access the internet. Most of them I know what they are. But this one particular, run a dll I have no idea where it's attached to and whether or no I should let it.

In my task mananger, there are 2 RUNDLL32.EXE (all in caps) running at the same time. Also, there are like 3 svchost.exe (no caps). I don't know, but it just seems stupid (I'm the stupid one) to have several of the same apps running at the same time in the background.

I'm probably answering my own question by saying this, but it's maybe cuz several different apps use these particular apps to run. If I am wrong, please let me know.

A complete re-install is in order........ RUNDLL32.EXE and SVCHOST.EXE are MAJOR security threats, your system has been attacked by a third party........and you lost.....this could be the start of World War 3.........please inform a local, nay governmental national security service of these incidents........if thats not possibe MI6 in the UK have an agent (Bond, James Bond) on standby, ready for just such a world emergency........

..........allegedly..............

.............................or try using GOOGLE and LEARN about your OS.

:)

jaknlisa619 said:
In my task mananger, there are 2 RUNDLL32.EXE (all in caps) running at the same time. Also, there are like 3 svchost.exe (no caps). I don't know, but it just seems stupid (I'm the stupid one) to have several of the same apps running at the same time in the background.
I have 5 svchost.exe at the same time.

Svchost.exe checks the registry to construct a list of services that it needs to load at startup. There can be multiple instances of Svchost.exe running at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services, so that separate services can be run depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started.

RUNDLL32 is the Microsoft Windows program that loads DLLs into memory so that they can be used by specific programs or by Windows
You're not stupid at all. I don't know this before as well.
Using google also is a good idea.

One more thing, your web is really cool.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom