custom side-cover for my case

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted to do exactly the same thing as you, remove my current side panel and replace it with a piece of plexiglass. but i gave up and i bought a case from geeks.com for 30$ and it looks pretty nice with a clear side panel.

I would cut a piece of plastic the size of your side.
See the rivits in the corners? drill them out with a 1/8 drill.
I would put the plastic over the side and mark the holes and drill 4 corner holes in the plastic.

Than I would get a 3/8" long 6-32 screw and put in from the back with a nut to hold it tight. So when you are done your case has 4 small screws sticking out. Make the holes in the plastic big enough so the screws fit through.

Than get some nuts like they use mounting Swiftech water blocks or Plastic acorn nuts(home depot) to hold the window on.

Now the edge will look ugly because the case has all those u shaped cuts in it, so flip the window over and cover the middle with paper and tape. Paint the edge (about 3/4") all around on the inside.

Than when it dries put it on. Perfect.

( I have the exact same PS here, they are really good)

markkleb said:
I would cut a piece of plastic the size of your side.
See the rivits in the corners? drill them out with a 1/8 drill.
I would put the plastic over the side and mark the holes and drill 4 corner holes in the plastic.

Than I would get a 3/8" long 6-32 screw and put in from the back with a nut to hold it tight. So when you are done your case has 4 small screws sticking out. Make the holes in the plastic big enough so the screws fit through.

Than get some nuts like they use mounting Swiftech water blocks or Plastic acorn nuts(home depot) to hold the window on.

Now the edge will look ugly because the case has all those u shaped cuts in it, so flip the window over and cover the middle with paper and tape. Paint the edge (about 3/4") all around on the inside.

Than when it dries put it on. Perfect.

( I have the exact same PS here, they are really good)

wow thanks for all the help. like said before you have the creativity to start a online buisness or something to cutomize computers. you would be like the jessy james of custom computers :)

markkleb said:
thanks, if you want tomorrow remind me (remember Im old so I forget, lol) and Il make one up and show a picts.

you mean you will do the mod and then show me the results. :) that would be awsome.

do want me to find you on the forums or PM you.

well I havent done much with the wires yet but I got it all painted and the plexi-glass side mounted. here are some pictuers.
P7290044.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom