I'm an [idiot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you need to think about that also, what you buy for your current rig stays with your current rig, or you can just keep it the way it is for your small projects and try and sell it and buy a brand new computer (or build) and then you have a killer fast machine. But whatever you do just know you will NOT get alot of money out of your current rig regardless of if you fix it up or not.

I mean, it still has a floppy drive on it 0.0

Oh I know, I've looked around and it seems that rigs like mine are fetching between 3-400. I'd be happy with 300

Any other opinions on how well my rig could play games if I got more ram and a awsome video card?

Only real way to tell is to build a brand new rig and then upgrade your current one and test them side by side =P.

Of course the new one will always be faster, new parts, better processor, RAM, HDD, and GPU, but it is also more expensive.

Alright, new idear.

I think I'm just going to try a video card and some ram. What would you guys recommend? I think I need agp interface. and 184 pin ddr400 for the ram.

Ideas? I'd also like to see some ati suggestions because I have a friend who works at a store...yaddda yadda

ATI *gag* LoL, I cannot say anything bad about ATI, I have not ever owned one, just have nVidia myself =P.

I have heard their drivers are worse than nVidia, I have not had personal experience though.

well your problem is using the AMD cpus...

*runs for cover*

:D

edit for Josh's comment

Past experience even up to date is that ATI's drivers still suck...or not as kept up to date as nvidia.

My current desktop with a modest nvidia chip runs with no hitch.

my "sexy" fairly current 2grand ASUS laptop (W2v) with it's x700 isn't quite as stable...but it's hawt:bald:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom