AMD AM2 Build For Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
There very god with those actually. And rocks too.

They cant fire rifles worth crap, there rocket fire is lucky at best. They fire there mortars off the back of MOVING TRUCKS for crying out loud.

IEDs are the only threat my friend, and if my computer gets hit by one of those, then I truely am a bumbling idiot.

FadingTheory said:
Not sure yet. COuldnt tell you either.

I'll be fine though. They are HORRIBLE shots with mortars.

o ya all the national security stuff

I was also surpised that they let you bring a personal item that big with you.

I just had a buddy of mine go... and I helped him set up a system. went with simple air, due to not gettting the suplies for a H2O system on a regular basis, but I would suggest going as cheap as possible... it may be inside, but you never know where INSIDE might be... and who might be using while your out... I would go with a cheaper single core, if all you getting it for a gaming.... possibly a 7900GT... plus if your doing this as a hold bag item, you also might want to think about a CRT if you have room (and weight) no sense wasting money on somethig that'll get trashed... Like you said... Sand is murder... it gets in places you would never think to look. Just my 2 cents...

Iraq is a better place now then it used to be. All non-infantry soldiers have there own room (or atleast a small group no larger then 3) with air conditioning (if the air conditioning goes out, its considered an 'emergency' and MUST be fixed in 24 hours).

I wont have too much room, so I'm going to need an LCD. If it goes bad, well, I work in the computer shop. I can get a new monitor (midnight requisition anyone?).

As for buying cheaper parts, I'm considering it. I might have to knock the video card down a peg and some other things (we need to buy an internet satalite, and it cost a few thousand. I need to pitch in a few hundred for it). I'm looking at changes now.

If at all possible though, I'm sticking with this.

I would get a 7900gt and just oc it if you have to and get a x2 3800 and oc it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130032
Evga 7900gt $269.99 with a $30 Mail In Rebate.

Saves you over $200 there and you could get a zalman cooler like a vf900 for good temps.

Get the x2 3800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103735 with a decent cpu cooler (not sure which one, many people here can give you some ideas) and oc to a x2 4600. You will have to learn overclocking and it would be worth it.

In the end youll save about $150.

I know how to overclock. However, there aint no heat like the Iraqi heat, and I don't feel like frying everything. Overclocking will commence when my tour of Iraq is over. Of course, I'll have quite a chunk of money, so an upgrade will probably be in need. :)

I am indeed getting an eVGA 7900GT instead. ALso, downgrading memory to standard corsair value select (667). Still 2 GB. Dropped the monitor for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom