Price vs Perf , X2 vs conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxBoBxX

Baseband Member
does anyone know the PvP of these cpus or alink to a site that does.

I also include Mobo in the price considering the dif in price right now.

For just cpu intel wins, but if oyu have to include the mobos amd is the winner right now. But that will certainly change when there's more mobos that support conroe.

A 4200+ stock performs close to an E6300. They both are around $180-$200 right now. But this is what I believe to be the deciding factor: Are you building from scratch or do you have a s939 mobo? I say if you already have a s939 mobo I would just get a X2. You can get a 3800+ for 180, a 4200+ for 200, or a 4400+ for 260.

If your upgrading from s939 then you would have to get new RAM too because Conroe uses DDR2.

But if your building from scratch I say go Conroe.

Intel also has ALOT better overclockability than amd's cpus. You should be able to get that e6300 to around 2.4-2.6ghz with water around 2.8-2.9ghz.

Ridlyn said:
Intel also has ALOT better overclockability than amd's cpus. You should be able to get that e6300 to around 2.4-2.6ghz with water around 2.8-2.9ghz.

One of the benchmarking websites had the 6300 OC'ed 50% to 2.94GHz on air. They said the limiting factor was the locked multipier and the motherboards fsb limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom