256 ddr ram (might upgrade later)
200 watt PSU (might upgrade)
10gig HDD
CDRW
Seperate 52x cd-rom
FDD
firewire

Win XP pro
will it run XP alright (im building this machine in 2 days)

thanks
wayne

ok... um where should i start. You defently need a bigger HD. Ur gonna need a bigger PSU. What size CPU ae u gonna run? ur prob gonna need more ram. Yes it will run XP.

why i liked this combo is because the motherboard is a socket A i can upgrade to athlon xp 3000+ or whateva
same with HDD
i might be getting another 20gig of a friend
im gunna try to track down a 250 watt PSU at the computer makets today
But i like this system because its very upgradeable.

Thanks
wayne

well if u just want to listen to music , surf the net , n w.e its good

but if u want to play games on it ...it wont be good since the ram isnt good

xp alone takes about 150mb to run...so thats only leaving 100 mb left..

also...think bout the hd , if u download music/movies it will not be enuf

Yep, your power supply is a little under... 200 watts? well u should get at least a 300 watt... or to play safe, a 400watt :D

your hdd, well 10gig is extremely small, try to go for a 40gb AT LEAST, 80gb is norm...

come to think of it, i dont think anybody is selling a 10gb anymore :D

your ram is ok if you are gonna do word processing, office work... but if you plan on gaming, 256 is a little under... try a 512mb

yeah, i went to the computer market and got myself a case with a 400 watt power supply and heaps of room. I might get another 20 gig hdd so altogether i may get up to 35gig.
wayne

i think it can be better. like cherrios and guess said, if your gonna be a gamer and Dl music, videos ect... your gonna need to get a bigger HD. Games today take up Over 1 gig of space. This 1 game my friend was talking about ( dunno the name) took up like 3.2 gigs. My old tribes game from 98 (still play it) only taes up less then a gig. So games have gotten better and stuff so i mean ur gonna need to get a bigger HD then 35. Maybe 60 or even 80..

i might get one in the next computer fair.
on my upgrade list for this computer:
1.from 256 ram to 512
2.80 or 120 gig hdd (ATA 133)
3.dvd burner
when i have money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom