E6300 in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I may be misunderstanding something, but on a chart I saw on these forms it listed the Conroe core as ONLY being inside the E6600 and higher models, the lower ones had some other core, however they all say Core 2 Duo. Are they still the same conroe, or does anything lower than the E6600 perform less than it should?

JoshSB said:
Hmm, I may be misunderstanding something, but on a chart I saw on these forms it listed the Conroe core as ONLY being inside the E6600 and higher models, the lower ones had some other core, however they all say Core 2 Duo. Are they still the same conroe, or does anything lower than the E6600 perform less than it should?

im not sure but i saw that too,

i think its the "alendale" core that the lower conroes support, i dont know what this would mean though

^ sort of. The Allendale is used in the lower end Conroes. "Conroe" is juse the codename for the Core2Duo technology. Since the Allendale (low end) models have the same new features and advancements as the higher end chips, they are still considered Conroes. The only real difference is the amount of on die cache, 4Mb for the high end, 2Mb for the low end.

As far as comparing Allendale to Celeron as E6600+ to Pentiums, no. The Celerons have different archetectures than the Pentium. All the Core2Duos (conroes) have the same archetecture.

NosBoost300 said:
haha.. no, not well put... i caught my gramatical error!! hahaha.. changed "said" to "say" hah.. i looked at it and thought i was stupid..
who cares, we know what you meant lol ;)

massacreinfallx said:
im not sure but i saw that too,

i think its the "alendale" core that the lower conroes support, i dont know what this would mean though
Yeah. E6300 and E6400 are Allendale, which is the same architecture as Conroe, but with 2MB of cache instead of 4MB like the E6600 and above.

Do my posts NOT show up on anyones computer?

I JUST said, not even 5 posts ago that the Allendales are Conroes with half the L2 Cache.....

:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom