planning for my crazy mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your headphones: for less than $50 i'd go with Sennheiser HD457, for $50-$90, I'd go w/Sennheiser HD497, for more than that, Grado SR80, for even more, Grado SR125. Check URL=http://reviews.cnet.com/Music/4502-6468_7-0.html?tag=pageNav&orderby=-7eRating&qt=]here [/URL] for more 'phones.

I recommend you give the external side of the wood a nice finish to match the surroundings and paint the internals black. I assume you are going for a cockpit-like environment, so maybe some fancy instrument/LED panels are in order?
GOTTA have a joystick!

ya im gonna make it look like a cockpit, its gonna be black on the inside but i dont know what to paint the outside and of course a joystick, and i was thinking of getting one of those fighter pilot helmets,and radio things and making it like headphones

rgschaef said:
thanks ya i talked to my dad about it and he said senheiser was the best "phone" brand

Yeah, Sennheiser is the way to go. I have the HD212's which were like 60 dollars, and i love them!

This really does sound cool and ull have to post pics or something on here when done.
I have had the pleasure of working for a constuction company and if you want this to last, ull have to build it sturdy. If you can make it from 2x4 studs and use 1/2in plywood for the sides and roof. Then use either a 8in slab or 2x10s put across sheeted with 3/4in plywood as a base. Make it sturdy especially with having alot of equipment in it.

I hope it works!!

it better work, also now im debating wether i shud build this, or i shud just trick out my room, like put a projector above my bed, and then have the picture displayed on the opposite wall, having one of those breakfast in bed trays for my keyboard and mouse, having surround sound, and all sorts of other crap any suggestons?

Have you thought about dual monitors. It sounds like you already have two and that could add to the coolness factor.

Of the Mod not the Bawls.
:)

actually right now i have triple monitors, on my desk, two attached to my rad 9600, and the other on a pci vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom