Ohwell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. if its anything like my 146 (and it is.. same mult and same stock speed) it will probably find a nice limit of 2.9... hopefully not.. i'm hoping i won't need insane voltages to reach 2.9 as my opteron does

Well my 3000 came at 1.8Ghz, maxed at 2.9Ghz stable for 2 hours, 3.03 for 1 second. lol But you know you can only have one processor per table unless you have a conroe or next gen AMD processor that keeps up with the conroe which may be the quad core processors...

well hotdamn that sucks... oh well, maybe i can get this to do faster... i'm hoping so! but with the thermal paste still being new and all.. i will have to wait for overclocking to extreme lengths..

Wait a good week... I wonder if these burn in phases hurt or help a processor... Sure maybe good for thermal paste but **** my processor went from 1.8Ghz all the way to 2.9 with out issues but took serious volts... After time it wanted to do 2.8 with little volt changes...

And you worked so hard on your sig, and now have to change, i feel bad for u.

I've really been missing out on dual-core for a while now. HOLY **** this thing is fast!!! I can highlight everything on my desktop and just hit enter and it opens in under a few seconds. I'll keep everyone posted on how the overclocking goes because I have to let it burn in for a week or so.

to be honest, from my 146 opteron, it wasnt a tremendous jump, but i can really notice the difference when switching between large applications, such as photoshop, illustrator, and other games. So far.. this thing doesnt wanna go past 2.7, i don't wanna push it too hard, so i'm backing down for a while... i will stay at 2.4 for now

Well I couldn't wait any longer to overclock lol. So once again because of my ram I'm only able to get it up to 3.05GHz. Sofar it's been 6 hours prime95 stable both cores. Looking pretty fine...

EDIT: I'll post some screenshots soon...

Noooooo...it craped out after a while. I'm pretty sure it's because of my ram but it's going to take me a while to figure out exactly. There's something funky going on with the dividers.

Here's a scrrenshot at 2.945GHz with two prime95's running.
almost3withprime.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom