pc not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

tist006

Beta member
well i just built up everything and ive come to a problem. it doesnt turn on, or even attempt to turn on. so my guess is. i didnt hook up the power sw/restart sw in the right pins (not sure the right terms). but i checked with the motherboard manual and theyre definately in the right spots along with all the leds. also, both power cords are plugged into the motherboard from the psu. so it has power, what else could be wrong. do you think the power supply might be dead? or maybe the power sw is broken?

note: the videocard and hd hasnt arrived yet. but it should still turn on without those right..

ya, it should still turn out,, try reversing the way the power siwth is in the pins and even use the reset switch for the power,, that way you can rule out of the switches are broke,, also make sure youve the psu connected to the mobo properly,, (i know thats a dumb sugestion)

Also you could be grounding out. unscrew the board and slip a static bag between the mobo and the case and try it out. Make sure everything is pluged in tightly. Make sure the ram is pluged all the way in. If that dosnt work you caould have your local shop test the power supply. Or if you have a volt ohm meter you can test it your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom